The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
    University of California Merced
  Feb 20, 2018
2014-2015 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Transcripts and Records

Return to: About UC Merced 

Office of the Registrar
Kolligian Library 122
Phone: 209-228-7178

Transcripts and Records

Transcripts may be ordered via the National Clearinghouse website. See the Office of the Registrar’s website at for further information. At times other than the end of the semester, the normal period required for processing transcripts for both registered and former students is 1 to 3 business days after receipt of the student’s request. There is a $12 charge for each routine transcript request and $40 charge for each express mail transcript request. Electronic transcripts are available and are $20 per transcript. The student’s financial account must be paid in full prior to the processing of the transcript request, and the transcript fees must be paid online through the National Clearinghouse.

Return to: Top of Page

Access to Records

Students are entitled by law and University policy to examine and challenge most of the records that the University maintains on them. These records are confidential and in most circumstances may be released to third parties only with the student’s prior consent. See information about the Family Educational Rights and Privacy act at Transcripts and other documents submitted from other institutions and agencies are the property of UC Merced and will not be reissued to applicants, students, alumni or other parties.

Return to: Top of Page

Change of Name and Address

Students may request to change their name on official University records. Legally recognized proof of the change of name will be required before the petition is accepted and processed. (Students planning to graduate should file this request no later than the fifth week of the semester in which they intend to graduate.) Students may also update their address(es) using MyStudentRecord.